Sun, 30 Aug 2015 21:46:55 GMT
You're bored of traditional type of traveling, you've tried such a hot novelty like the ghetto traveling and strive for other exhilarating travel experiences? Well, this is when the crazy the *Burning man* party comes handy!
*Burning man* is a week-long annual event in the *Black Rock Desert in northern Nevada*, in the United States. The event begins on the last Monday in August (just now!), and ends on the first Monday of September (7th).
It's a one big celebration of music, art and self-expression where the weird costumes are more than welcome! By joining Burning man festival you become the part of the growing community of Burners who are active year-round, around the world, ensuring that the fire of Burning Man culture never goes out....
Sounds mysterious? Great! Burning Man is indeed an indescribable experience, however it takes some time to get prepared for it. I know that the event starts just now, but it's never to late to get ready. I've compiled for you a MUST-TAKE list. Read carefully and get ready ASAP!
*What to bring?*
1. *Playa wear.* Prepare a costume, equipment, something weird that a true Playa would not be ashamed with.
2. *Lights and EL wire* — there are a lot of people wandering around at night unlit, what' worse in vehicles. It’s incredibly unsafe. Stay well-lit when you’re walking at night, and light up your bike or other devices you will be moving around during Burning man.
3. *A bike and bike lock.* A combination lock is preferable as locks with keys can get jammed easily and/or you might lose the key. People don’t really wander around the Playa looking for bikes to steal, but people do accidentally take bikes that aren’t theirs for a quick ride to the bathroom....haha, yep, this is happening for real! All the time.
4. *Portable shower*. For obvious reasons!
5. *Goggles.* A pair for daytime and and a pair for nighttime.
6. *Copies of your license.* If something is super valuable (license, car keys, etc.) you shouldn’t be walking around the Playa with it....so the copy is a good solution.
7. *Spare flat sheet.* Everything you bring will be dusty soon (yes, the festival takes place in the desert!), and you won't keep it clean no matter how much you tried. Cover your mattress and pillow each day with an additional flat sheet. Your life will be saved, trust me.
That's it! Easy, right? GET READY NOW.
Have fun and don't forget to post some awesome pictures from your Burning Man travel to our forums!
[More info HERE](http://burningman.org/) [Burning man 2](//muut.com/u/leafcanoer/s3/:leafcanoer:ybyc:burningman2.jpg.jpg) [Burning man](//muut.com/u/leafcanoer/s3/:leafcanoer:MBez:burningman.jpg.jpg)